3 Reals Dangers of Carbon Monoxide for Humans
Do you know the dangers of carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide poisoning can leave you sick with dizziness, an upset stomach, and other 'flu-like' symptoms. It's a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that gets into your home without you knowing.
You can avoid the dangers of carbon monoxide and carbon monoxide detectors and regular maintenance of your home. Don't get sick!
Here are the 3 real dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning and how to avoid it.
1. Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Begin With Knowing What to Avoid
Carbon monoxide affects your indoor air quality. Sometimes you can get really sick and can send you to the hospital. Several hundred people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning, meaning it's no joke.
It comes from poorly vented appliances or appliances that are not working correctly. Those fumes get into your house, affecting the indoor air quality causing carbon monoxide detectors.
Furnaces, clothes dryers, ovens, and even water heaters can produce dangerous carbon monoxide gas. Automobile exhaust also causes carbon monoxide poisoning.
2. Carbon Monoxide Detectors
The best way to avoid getting carbon monoxide poisoning is to outfit your home or business with carbon monoxide detectors. They are fairly inexpensive and can make your home safe. You can also buy carbon monoxide detectors that double as a smoke alarm.
You can put a carbon monoxide detector on either the wall or ceiling. You will want carbon monoxide detectors on every floor of your home, especially in areas where people sleep. You should not install carbon monoxide detectors near any appliance that burns fuel.
Using a professional to install carbon monoxide detectors will give you peace of mind. Because it's tasteless, colorless, and odorless, a small device inside your home will help avoid anyone getting sick from carbon monoxide poisoning.
3.Regular Maintenance of Your Home
To reduce exposure limits and improve indoor air quality, you will want to make sure there's regular maintenance of appliances in your home. Making sure everything is up to code and working properly will keep everyone safe.
Regular maintenance of your appliances will also ensure they are energy efficient and do not cost you money. A professional can troubleshoot any problems and allow your appliances to work correctly and for a more extended period of time.
You will also want to make sure you limit your exposure limits by making sure your carbon monoxide detector is working properly. Replacing the batteries and any malfunctioning sensors is key in keeping it running smoothly. If you are unsure about how to use the device, call a professional.
Three Real Dangers of Carbon Monoxide
The dangers of carbon monoxide are real. Carbon monoxide can make you really sick. You can avoid getting carbon monoxide poisoning by knowing the warning signs, installing carbon monoxide detectors, and conducting regular maintenance of your home.
Be sure to give your family the safety, security, and well-being they deserve.
Contact us today! As experts, we can help you install a carbon monoxide detection system in your home.